Introduction to Packet Tracer
Learn the basics for using Packet Tracer to simulate network configurations.
Introduction to Packet Tracer is a free course designed for beginners with no prior networking knowledge. The self-paced course teaches the basic operations of Cisco Packet Tracer, the robust simulation tool used to visualize networks. Multiple hands-on activities focus on everyday examples including networking and Internet of Things (IoT) exposing learners to important concepts while at the same time reinforcing learnings. Whether you want to develop networking knowledge or you plan to take one of the many Networking Academy courses that use Packet Tracer, you’ll find Introduction to Packet Tracer provides valuable tips and best practices for using Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Learn basic operations of Packet Tracer: - File commands, visualization and configuration of networking devices
- Simulate the interactions of data traveling through the network
- Learn to visualize the network in logical and physical modes
- Reinforce your understanding with extensive hands-on networking and IoT activities
- Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community
After you sign up, check your email for a login to the Networking Academy web site and a link to your course. Once you complete your enrollment, you will have access to download the Packet Tracer desktop application for Windows or Linux operating systems.
Tips for Accessing Networking Academy
- Recommended browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome.
- If you don’t receive your email, check your spam folder.
- If you still can’t find it, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list and resend activation email.
- If you are locked out after too many attempts, try again in 10 to 15 minutes.
About Cisco Networking Academy
Cisco Networking Academy is an IT skills and career building program for learning institutions and individuals worldwide. Self-paced courses are designed to take at your own pace, at any point in your career journey. More than 6 million people have joined the Networking Academy and become a force for change in the global economy since 1997.