Welcome to Bromley Libraries!
Take advantage of our free self-paced, introductory e-courses to improve your digital skills or even to take your first steps on the path to becoming an IT professional. Our e-learning offer in partnership with Cisco Networking Academy provides a flexible way for you to learn at a time and a location that suits you.
To self-enrol on the ‘Cybersecurity Essentials’ course: please fill in your full name and email address and submit to proceed with registration with Cisco Networking Academy. Please ignore the Student ID field.
The Cybersecurity Essentials course develops foundational understanding of cybersecurity and how it relates to information and network security. The course introduces students to characteristics of cyber-crime, security principles, technologies, and procedures to defend networks. Through interactive, multimedia content, lab activities, and multi-industry case studies, students build technical and professional skills to pursue careers in cybersecurity. Learn what cybersecurity is and what it means for you personally and professionally.
* Learn procedures to implement data confidentiality, integrity, availability and security controls on networks, servers and applications.
* Understand security principles and how to develop security policies that comply with cybersecurity laws.
* Apply skills through practice, using labs and Cisco Packet Tracer activities.
* Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests.
* Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
We recommend the use of Firefox or Chrome browsers.
Where you can complete this course:
On a library computer*
On your own device using library Wi-Fi
Over the internet at home
*This course contains a lab element – Cisco Packet Tracer - which will not run over the library firewall. The course will run on your own device using library Wi-Fi, or over the internet at home.
Cybersecurity Essentials (English - 1.10)
03 May - 30 Oct 2020
Ciji Varughese, Alexandra Marin
Continues from Introduction to Cybersecurity; develops foundational understanding of cybersecurity and how it relates to information and network security.
Le cours est terminé