Introduction to Packet Tracer
Welcome to Bromley Libraries!
Take advantage of our free self-paced, introductory e-courses to improve your digital skills or even to take your first steps on the path to becoming an IT professional. Our e-learning offer in partnership with Cisco Networking Academy provides a flexible way for you to learn at a time and a location that suits you.
To self-enrol on the ‘Introduction to Packet Tracer’ course: please fill in your full name and email address and submit to proceed with registration with Cisco Networking Academy. Please ignore the Student ID field.
* Learn the basic operations of Cisco Packet Tracer: file commands, visualization and configuration of networking devices.
* Simulate the interactions of data travelling through the network.
* Learn to visualise the network in logical and physical modes.
* Reinforce your understanding with extensive hands-on networking and IoT activities.
* Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests.
* Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
We recommend the use of Firefox or Chrome browsers.
Where you can complete this course:
On a library computer*
On your own device using library Wi-Fi
Over the internet at home
*This course contains a lab element – Cisco Packet Tracer - which will not run over the library firewall. The course will run on your own device using library Wi-Fi, or over the internet at home.
Introduction to Packet Tracer (English - 1.10)
03 May - 30 Oct 2020
Ciji Varughese, Alexandra Marin
A course designed for beginners with no prior networking knowledge to understand the basics of this network simulation tool.
Course has ended