NDG Linux Essentials
Ajira Digital Program
Build upon your Linux knowledge and get closer to job ready skills
As one of the most successful open source collaborations, Linux has evolved into the most reliable operating system on the planet. It’s used for embedded systems to virtually all supercomputers for a good reason. Nearly every IT job requires some Linux knowledge. NDG Linux Essentials quickly builds your Linux knowledge and prepares you for the (PDC), your proof to employers that you know Linux! Many concepts in this course are covered at a more demanding pace in NDG Linux I. No prerequisites required for this course.
NDG Linux Essentials Course Overview
Version 2 | Released April 2019
The Linux Essentials course, developed and supported by Networking Academy partner NDG, teaches students the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and command line, and basic open source concepts.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand how Linux is used and the basics of the command line.
- Apply skills using Linux virtual machine with step-by-step and hands-on lab activities.
- Build foundational knowledge for progressively mastering Linux commands.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
Students utilize a web browser to access the Linux Essentials content modules, lab exercises and virtual machines via Cisco NetAcad.com. Each learner has hands-on access to a Linux virtual machine to practice, explore, and test Linux command-line concepts. The 18-chapter, 70-hour course can be offered as instructor-led or students can enroll on their own.
Certification and Careers
Knowledge of Linux is a helpful skill for a wide variety of careers in business and IT. Linux Essentials helps prepare students for entry-level jobs as a software developer or Linux administrator. When combined with the CCNA Routing & Switching Curriculum, the course prepares students for network engineer jobs.
Please provide the mandatory information (First Name, Last Name and e-mail address) in the appropriate fields on the right, to create your free account and access the course.
This is a self enroll course and you will not interact with an instructor.
Help! - are you having enrolment issues?
Follow these four useful tips:
- Check junk mail - sadly some email providers may treat automated email as spam.
- Check your browser settings ... you may need to trust cookies (or possibly cross-site cookies) from NetAcad
- Do not be afraid to try a different email account - if the system isn't working, try another email account - often popular free email accounts work better.
- Maybe try a different web browser
Partner: NDG Linux Essentials (English - 2.00 - For public campaigns - Legacy)
15 Jun - 29 Oct 2020
Geofrey Otieno Kitoto, Instructor Alias
Course has ended