Welcome to Bromley Libraries!
Take advantage of our free, self-paced, introductory e-courses to improve your digital skills or even to take your first steps on the path to becoming an IT professional. Our e-learning offer in partnership with Cisco Networking Academy provides a flexible way for you to learn at a time and a location that suits you.
To self-enrol on the ‘Get Connected’ course: please fill in your email address and submit to proceed with registration with Cisco Networking Academy.
The ‘Get Connected’ course introduces you to basic computer and internet navigation skills.
You’ll learn how to:
* Identify different types of computer systems, components, printers, and other devices.
* Understand Microsoft Windows and how to work with files and folders.
* Understand computer networking, how to browse and search the internet, and how to use email.
* Create accounts for Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
* Identify common problems and implement simple solutions for hardware, software, and networks.
We recommend the use of Firefox or Chrome browsers.
Where you can complete the course:
On a library computer
On your own device using library Wi-Fi
Over the internet at home
Get Connected (English - 1.11)
31 Mar 2019 - 05 Apr 2020
Ciji Varughese, Alexandra Marin
This course introduces you to basic computer and internet navigation skills.