This course is being made available in the context of the European Cyber Security Awareness Month initiative.
The Cybersecurity Essentials course develops foundational understanding of cybersecurity and how it relates to information and network security. The course introduces students to characteristics of cyber crime, security principles, technologies, and procedures to defend networks. Through interactive, multimedia content, lab activities, and multi-industry case studies, students build technical and professional skills to pursue careers in cybersecurity.
- Learn procedures to implement data confidentiality, integrity, availability and security controls on networks, servers and applications.
- Understand security principles and how to develop security policies that comply with cybersecurity laws.
- Apply skills through practice, using labs and Cisco Packet Tracer activities.
- Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
Cybersecurity Essentials (English - 1.10)
01 Sep 2019 - 30 Aug 2020
Nuno Guarda, Semyon Ovsyannikov
Course has ended