Cybersecurity Essentials - SEM1 23 - SB
The University of Canberra
The Cybersecurity Essentials course develops foundational understanding of cybersecurity and how it relates to information and network security. The 30-hour course introduces students to characteristics of cyber crime, security principles, technologies, and procedures to defend networks. Through interactive, multimedia content, lab activities, and multi-industry case studies, students build technical and professional skills to pursue careers in cybersecurity.
- Learn procedures to implement data confidentiality, integrity, availability and security controls on networks, servers and applications.
- Understand security principles and how to develop security policies that comply with cybersecurity laws.
- Apply skills through practice, using labs and Cisco Packet Tracer activities.
- Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
The 30-hour curriculum may be used as a supplement to an existing course or as a short course. Instructors can create a course, enroll students, teach and guide them through the course content, material and activities.
- Prerequsite: recommended "Introduction to Cybersecurity"
Cybersecurity Essentials (English - 1.13)
19 Jan - 30 Jun 2023