Linux Essentials - Self Enroll
Georgia Cyber Center
Nearly Every IT Job Requires Some Linux Knowledge
As one of the most successful open source collaborations, Linux has evolved into the most reliable operating system on the planet. It’s used for embedded systems to virtually all supercomputers for a good reason. NDG Linux Essentials quickly builds your Linux knowledge and prepares you for the Linux Professional Institute Linux Essentials certificate, your proof to employers that you know Linux! Many concepts in this course are covered at a more demanding pace in NDG Linux I. No prerequisites required.
You'll Learn These Core Skills:
- Acquire open-source concepts and progressively master Linux commands.
- Understand how Linux is used and the basics of its command line.
- Become skilled at using the Linux virtual machine for experiments.
- Prepare for LPI Linux Essentials Professional Development Certificate (PDC).
NDG Linux Essentials Course Overview
Version 2 | Released April 2019
The Linux Essentials course, developed and supported by Networking Academy partner NDG, teaches students the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and command line, and basic open source concepts.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand how Linux is used and the basics of the command line.
- Apply skills using Linux virtual machine with step-by-step and hands-on lab activities.
- Build foundational knowledge for progressively mastering Linux commands.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
Students utilize a web browser to access the Linux Essentials content modules, lab exercises and virtual machines via Cisco NetAcad.com. Each learner has hands-on access to a Linux virtual machine to practice, explore, and test Linux command-line concepts. The 18-chapter, 70-hour course can be offered as instructor-led or students can enroll on their own.
There is no fee for this course
Certification and Careers
Knowledge of Linux is a helpful skill for a wide variety of careers in business and IT. Linux Essentials helps prepare students for entry-level jobs as a software developer or Linux administrator. When combined with the CCNA Routing & Switching Curriculum, the course prepares students for network engineer jobs.
Linux Essentials - SE
Partner: NDG Linux Essentials (English - 2.20 - Self-Paced)
01 Jul 2023 - 30 Jun 2024