Internet of Things
Hamilton Public Library
This 20-hour course introduces the concepts of Internet of Things (IoT) and challenges of the transformational IoT economy. Through multimedia course content, quizzes and lab exercises, learners will understand how IoT drives the convergence between an organization's operational technology (OT) and information technology (IT). Machine-to-machine (M2M), machine-to-people (M2P), and people-to-people (P2P) connections in an IoT solutions are also covered.
Suitable for learners who want to leverage their technical and business knowledge to transition into IoT-related functions. They will learn how IoT transforms business and creates new value and job opportunities.
There is no prerequisite to this course but learners are expected to have basic understanding of computers and internet.
Certificate of Completion
Minimum System Requirement
- Laptop or desktop running Windows or Mac
- Web browser (Chrome 50+, Safari 8.0+, Firefox 43+ or IE 10+)
Softwares/Applications Used in Lab Exercises
- tracert (Windows) or traceroute (Mac, Linux or similar systems)
- Microsoft Office, GoogleDocs, or LibreOffice (for process flowchart and trend forecast)
- Notepad or similar text editors
- Packet Tracer
- I2IoTServer VM (Linux CentOS) on VMware player or Virtual Box
- PL-App (optional)
- Arduino IDE (optional)
Introduction to IoT (English - 2.02)
19 Apr - 09 Jul 2021
Amir Feridooni, Christine Tam
This 20-hour course introduces the concepts of Internet of Things (IoT) and challenges of the transformational IoT economy. Through multimedia course content, quizzes and lab exercises.