Cisco Networking Academy Dream Team
Take your education to the next level by participating in a Cisco Networking Academy Dream Team project and gaining practical hands-on experience. Each Dream Team project offers Networking Academy students and recent alumni the opportunity to learn while helping to build the networking infrastructure at large-scale events under the guidance of industry professionals. Past events have included international Cisco Live! events, NFL events such as the season opener kick-off game and Super Bowl, the Global Citizen Festival, The Open Championship, and other major events and conferences.
During this experience, you will:
- Gain real world experience to enhance your technical skills developed in the classroom.
- Have a unique experience to include on your resumes and interviews that will hold value with potential employers.
- Opportunity to grow your professional network with your peers and industry professionals.
What is the Cisco Networking Academy Dream Team?
Participating in a Dream Team project means that you are invited to join a specific team, for a specific event and time-period. It is a short-term, one-time invitation. To participate in multiple Dream Team projects, one must be invited for each opportunity.
Why Participate on a Dream Team Project?
Work side-by-side with a team of professionals in a job-shadowing setting to have the opportunity to participate in building a physical network. A crucial aspect of understanding the fundamentals behind networking at scale. See how a full-scale network that supports large events, for thousands of people, is built in a week’s time or less. Take your experiences beyond the conceptual side and see it revealed rapidly as well as practically. All of this happening in a high-pressure environment, because these are real companies solving problems and troubleshooting issues for clients.
How the Experience may Impact You
Dream Team participants form a network of support and friendship between peers that has potential to last, long after the project is complete.
Often, that personal connection during a Dream Team project with employers, helps bring your resume to the top with hiring managers. Participation in a Dream Team project offers you the opportunity to have conversations with hiring managers and industry professionals – which can lead to very valuable networking opportunities. Many students have been interviewed or hired as a direct result of relationships they cultivated while participating on a Dream Team project.
How to Participate
Students looking to participate must first be nominated by their instructors and then submit the required application. Networking Academy instructors are contacted by email about upcoming opportunities in their area. Final participants are selected by Cisco and/or our partners, depending on the event, and invited to join the project.
Students must meet the following minimum criteria to apply to a Dream Team project:
- Nominated by your Networking Academy instructor
- Completed CCNA 1 & 2 classes in Networking Academy (CCNA: Intro to Networks and CCNA: Switching, Routing, & Wireless Essentials)
- Located within commutable distance to the event (not required for all events)
- At least 18 years old by the event start date (some events may be 21+ years or older)
- Must be able to complete physical tasks required, including lifting 40+lb and extensive walking
- An enthusiasm for technology
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a team
- Willingness to help others
If you meet these criteria, let your Networking Academy instructor know that you are interested in participating in a future Dream Team event.