Welcome to Manchester Libraries, we offer a flexible way of learning at a time and a location that suits you.
In partnership with Cisco Netacad we provide self-paced introductory courses which enable you to take your first steps on your path to becoming an IT professional.
You can join Manchester Libraries and access a world of information and support. Every library has free wi-fi, and members of the library can get an hour’s free computer use every day.
To enroll yourself to the course fill your details and proceed with registration in Cisco Networking Academy. These instructions with screenshots describes the registration process.
The Get Connected course introduces you to basic computer and Internet navigation skills. You’ll learn how to:
- Identify different types of computer systems, components, printers, and other devices.
- Understand Microsoft Windows and how to work with files and folders.
- Understand computer networking, how to browse and search the Internet, and how to use email.
- Create accounts for Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Identify common problems and implement simple solutions for hardware, software, and networks.
Get Connected (English - 1.11)
12 Jun 2018 - 13 Jun 2019