East Riding of Yorkshire Council Library & Information Service
Welcome to East Riding Libraries.
In partnership with Cisco Netacad we offer this self taught course as a starting point to explore the world of computers, the internet & social media.
You can access this course from a library using a PC or your own device with our free wifi; or you can access the course from any other location at a time to suit you.
Learn how to use a computer, connect devices and access search, email, and social media.
- Create accounts for Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Identify different types of computer systems, components, printers, and other devices.
- Understand how to browse and search the Internet and how to use email.
- Become familiar with Microsoft Windows and how to work with files and folders.
- Identify common problems and implement solutions.
Study at your own pace and reinforce your understanding with activities and quizzes followed by a final assessment.
To enroll yourself on the course please enter your email address into the Enroll Now section on this page, and then complete your registration with the Cisco Networking Academy.
No previous knowledge required. Course length approx 30 hours.
Get Connected (English - 1.11)
31 Aug 2019 - 31 Aug 2020
Katherine Richardson, Gary Smith
Learn the basics of internet searching, social media & Microsoft windows.
Course has ended